Some facts from the World food program:
- Women not only cook food for their families, but also produce between 60 - 80% of food in developing nations.
- And yet, 60% of chronically hungry people are women and girls. We're asking people to send a message of solidarity at wfp.org/women
- This year, 60% of WFP beneficiaries will be women
- An extra year of education increases a girl's income by 10-20%
- Women produce 60 - 80% of food in developing nations
- When income is in the hands of the mother, the survival probability of a child increases by about 20 percent in Brazil.
- Experience shows that in the hands of women, food is far more likely to reach the mouths of needy children.
Did you know that by playing a simple online game called "Free Rice" you can feed the hungry at the same time? The game is very educational, it can improve your vocabulary and spelling. Try it: